Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gone Again

Gone Again

So, again you're gone from my life,
gone like a thief in the night.
You get to hide in numbness,
I get to live with your lies.

Over and over again I believe,
over and over again I'm deceived.
How many times can I let you in,
so you can carelessly let me down?

You tell me how hard it is out there,
as if I didn't have any clue.
You tell me I don't really understand,
So different and unique, oh that's you.

I miss you today, but I'm angry too.
I still struggle, but manage to muddle thru.
You just give up, it's too much for you,
And the hell with everyone who's been there,
Doing everything they could to help you.

I have to let you go all over again,
even though it hurts more every time.
But it is really you who lets me go;
You always chose to leave us all behind.

I will keep on, facing every day and hoping
that soon you will see the easy way is the hardest.
That what I have is worth the work
And that the promises really can come true.

No comments: